As a seasoned translator with 17 years of experience, I work with companies that want to reach international markets, helping them to build a meticulous image and conveying the underlying nuances of their messages. Although I have a traditional Spanish name, my family relocated to the United States shortly after I was born. I was raised in a bicultural setting, but English is my mother tongue and I only translate from Spanish to English. Around my 30th birthday, I decided to leave Washington DC, my hometown, and move back to Europe. I settled down in Alicante because of the fantastic climate and quality of life, but I continue to travel regularly throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
Because I have a bilingual understanding of both Spanish and English, my translations are based on the intended message as opposed to the actual words. This is particularly important when building a brand and targeting specific segments. Having worked a number of years for SMEs and multinationals in the United States and Spain, I have first-hand experience of the challenges faced by businesses in their day-to-day operations.
- University of Maryland (Maryland, USA). Bachelor’s degree in Business & Management (Marketing and International Business). December 1997
- Thomas S. Wootton High School (Maryland, USA). June 1994
- Robert Frost Middle School (Maryland, USA). June 1990
- Cedar Grove Elementary School (Maryland, USA). June 1988
- SDL Trados Studio 2015
- Apsic Xbench for quality assurance
- MS Office